Why was the yogurt bad at tennis?…Because it had a soft-serve!
No, seriously….Summer sun making you long for a tasty, frozen treat? As the temperature rises, there are times where nothing other than frozen yogurt hits the spot.
This summer, while I want to try all of these places, I am also going to try making my own too
- According to the Houston Press, the places to go are Pinkyberry, Menchie’s, Red Mango, U-Swirl, Yogurtland. Each of them has incredible toppings and flavors options to satisfy any sweet tooth.
- Then, there’s always Cups Frozen Yogurt, the adult yogurt option. According to co-founder Rick Barbrick, CUPS Frozen Yogurt is “… more of a club like experience. We pump out club dance music at volumes that create a highly energetic vibe, a lounge-type design with couches, ottomans and eclectic murals.”
- Zoyo is another flavorful option to try. Zoyo Neighborhood Yogurt is an Arizona- based, self-serve frozen yogurt franchise with 12 locations across the metro-Phoenix area, as well as locations in Georgia, Indiana, Michigan, Texas, and Virginia. Founded in 2010, Zoyo is a neighborhood gathering place where friends and family can get together over a cup of delicious, premium quality frozen yogurt. Zoyo’s selection of frozen yogurt and non-dairy sorbet flavors is constantly changing, and includes everything from classic flavors like Salted Caramel or Cookies & Cream, to original creations like Zoatmeal Cookie and Peanut Butter & Jelly. Guests also have 45 toppings to choose from, which range from fresh fruit, to chocolate candies and decadent syrups. Zoyo 2456 Marina Bay Dr. Ste A Houston, TX 77573
- There’s also always TCBY. I often think of TCBY as the original frozen yogurt. I have vivid memories of going to TCBY with my babysitter when I was about 6 and her explaining the difference between frozen yogurt and ice cream. The real question, what does TCBY stand for? Yup, the country’s best yogurt. There are a few TCBY locations in Houston.
- If you have access to an ice cream maker, you can try making your own fro yo from the comfort of home. This recipe on Serious Eats sounds super simple and super yummy!
- Still craving homemade frozen yogurt and happen to have a blender? Try adding frozen fruit to regular yogurt and blend. For specific quanities and proportions, you can look here.
- Have another favorite spot or recipe idea? Please share it!